Welcome to Wellesley
Located approximately 17 miles southwest of Boston, Wellesley is an affluent country-style suburb with six distinct neighborhoods and convenient access to the city.
Home to Wellesley College and Babson College, Wellesley is considered one of the most educated towns in the United States and has the highest percentage of adults with at least one college degree in the country. The highly regarded public school system and easy access to downtown Boston are attractive for professionals with families. Wellesley is also a town that celebrates creativity, with a large population of artists and media professionals who help shape the town’s character through local programs, organizations, and galleries.
What To Expect
A forward-thinking community of successful professionals, families, and creatives.
Celebrating the finer things.
Green spaces, green homes.
Elegant, stately homes surrounded by pristine beauty.
You’ll Fall in Love With
Tranquil landscapes and historic treasures.
- South Station 37m by train, 27m by car
- North Station 52m by train, 31m by car
- Boston Common 50m by train, 28m by car
- Harvard Square 51m by train, 26m by car
Wellesley Real Estate Information
Located approximately 17 miles southwest of Boston, Wellesley has a population of 28,747 (as of 2021) and was incorporated in 1881. With a vast array of thriving shops, restaurants, grocery stores, florists and more, Wellesley is also home to three colleges.
Here are some brief real estate-related facts about the Wellesley community:
- Almost all properties are serviced by town sewerage systems, and all have town water.
- The train line has three stops in Wellesley, and the train into Boston goes to South Station.
- The 2021 tax rate is $11.75 per $1,000 of valuation.
- There are seven elementary schools for grades K – 5, and they are Bates, Fiske, Hardy, Honeywell, Schofield, Sprague and Upham Schools. There is one middle school and one high school.
- Wellesley is a town in Norfolk County.
Wellesley, MA Community Services, Organizations and Points of Interest:
Here are some links to provide you with additional information on Wellesley and its many community services and organizations: